Recently we took part on the Indesign CPD Live day where we presented our Safe and Enduring Facades that Meet Design Ambition CPD. This is an accredited CPD through the AIA Refuel program and delivers 1.0 Formal CPD point when you watch the recording through.
Click here to listen to the recording: https://www.indesignlive.com/cpd-live/safe-and-enduring-facades-that-meet-design-ambition Upon completion you will be eligible for 1.0 CPD point and will be send a certificate from Indesign.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 13 11 03 to get technical help or to be referred to an Account Manager in your state.
Details of the CPD are below:
TOPIC: SAFE & ENDURING FACADES THAT MEET DESIGN AMBITION
OVERVIEW: This CPD aims to educate you on how tragic building and cladding failures globally have bought on NCC code changes or order to ensure safe and enduring facades. We will take you through how to understand these updates and what their impact has been on the building code in the context of façade cladding selection and façade design.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Define the context of the NCC Updates in order to fulfil the expectations of the Building Code
- Evaluate the compliance layers in the NCC that affect cladding selection
- Identify the required level of fire resistance for your building’s façade
- Identify the compliance pathways and what methods and tests are needed to demonstrate compliance
- Identify any state by state differences in the NCC
- Define and fulfil why Fibre Cement cladding is considered fire safe (exempt from additional testing and verification) in the building code