Less travel, more time? Whilst the current extra desk time presents a real challenge for us all, there are some positives; catching up on admin tasks, organising future work, and continuing professional development.
Why not join James Hardie to boost your CPD hours at home? We’d be delighted to offer your practice an online CPD, at a date and time convenient to you and your colleagues or simply join one of our national CPD presentations. Details below.
NEW TOPIC: MEETING THE ARCHITECTS DECLARE CALL TO ACTION – SHIFTING TO LOW EMBODIED CARBON MATERIALS IN YOUR WORK
- Thursday October 22 – 1PM
OVERVIEW: The twin crises of climate breakdown and biodiversity loss are a serious issue of our time. Globally, buildings and construction play a major part, accounting for nearly 40% of energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions whilst also having a significant impact on our natural habitats. In this CPD we look at how to make informed choices to reduce embodied carbon in your projects, how best to use data to interpret the data.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to calculate Embodied Carbon in Buildings
- How to use Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) for decision making
- Make sense of product declarations and certifications
- Use Building Rating Tools to measure embodied carbon
- Where to find the information that will help you assess
INDESIGN CPD LIVE
James Hardie will be presenting the Safe and Enduring Facades That Meet Design Ambition CPD at this years Indesign CPD Live event on Friday 2 October at 9am.
Click Here to Register https://www.indesignlive.com/cpd-live/safe-and-enduring-facades-that-meet-design-ambition
OTHER CPD PRESENTATIONS
We also have CPD content on the following topics:
- Safe and Enduring Facades that meet Design Ambition
- Managing Weather and Condensation
Please get in touch if you are interested in having a presentation to your team.